The current carnivorous aka COVID-19 pandemic has been a rare situation. This virus can not only affect people physically, but also psychologically. People can experience stress, anxiety, depression during this overwhelming time. The best solution during this stressful time is understanding how to take care of yourself and to minimize the level of stress, anxiety, or depression you may potentially experience.
Here are a few ways to minimize stress, anxiety, and depression:
- Stay informed by using reliable resources.
- Be wary of sensationalist news reports from little known or dubious sources.
- While it is important to stay adequately informed, limit the time taken to seek information about COVID-19 and its consequences. Information overload can sometimes aggravates our reaction to stress, anxiety and even depression.
- Take care of yourself by practicing healthy living habits like proper nutrition and sleep.
-Allow time to for pleaser, reading a book, listening to music, taking a warm bath, etc.
-If you have access to technology such as FaceTime or Skype stay in touch with your friends and family. There are many resources and apps out there that can help you stay in touch with loved ones.
When to seek help?
- If your feeling an overwhelming stress, anxiety, and depression that can be marked by physical symptoms such as rapid heartbeat, dizziness, nausea, major sleep problems, loss of appetite, low energy, or fatigue. Psychological symptoms can also include overwhelming fear, panicked, negative pervasive thoughts, loss of pleasure or interest in activities you usually enjoy.
If you are experiencing high levels of stress, anxiety, or depression, you should contact a mental health provide in your area. A great resources is Pychologytoday.com. If you are experiencing suicidal thoughts call 911 immediately or call the National Suicide Prevention Life Line at 1-800- 273-8255.